1. Tuition Fee waiver:
|Percentage of waiver||Criteria for Tuition Fee Waiver|
|100% for English Medium students||Five (5) A’s in the O-level and 1 A’s and 1 B’s in A-level Exams. However, for students admitted in Engineering Programs, students must have ‘B’ either in Physics or Mathematics in A-Level exams.|
|50% for the students of English and Bangla Medium or equivalent public exams.||
Five (5) A’s in the O-level and 2 ‘B’ in A-level Exams. *
HSC GPA 5.00 (without 4th subject) or equivalent public exams.
|25% for the students of English and Bangla Medium or equivalent public exams.||
Four (4) A’s in the O-level *
HSC GPA 5.00 (with 4th subject) / or equivalent public exams.
* Admittiees into any of the SoSE programs, in addition to the policy mentioned above, must have passed Physics and Mathematics in the A-level program.
For continuation of tuition fee waiver undergraduate students have to take 9 credits in each trimester (For BSc in Civil Engg. 13.5 credits, for BSSEDS 12 credits in each Semester) and also have to maintain CGPA 3.5 for availing such tuition fee waiver. For admission to BSEEE/CSE/BSc in Civil programs, students must have Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level exams.
GPA 3.50 on Scale of 4.00 & GPA 4.37 on Scale of 5.00 in HSC & above or equivalent level public exams: 25% Tuition Fee Waiver
For continuation of tuition fee waiver graduate students have to take 6 credits and also have to maintain CGPA 3.5 for availing such tuition fee waiver.
Scholarship based on the results of the Trimester Final Examinations for undergraduate & graduate programs (Effective from Summer 2020 & onwards):
|Top 3% of the total students of a particular program (In order of merit)||100% Scholarship for the corresponding Trimester|
|Next 6% (In order of merit)||50% Scholarship for the corresponding Trimester|
|Next 6% (In order of merit)||25% Scholarship for the corresponding Trimester|
Note: Student those who admitted before Summer 2020 will get the previous scholarship scheme.
1. Undergraduate students of SOBE will be entitled for scholarship up to 12 credits (maximum) and those of SOSE (except Civil) up to 13 credits (maximum). For BSc in Civil Engg. and BSSEDS It will be up to 18 credits. Masters students shall get scholarship depending of the course load of previous trimester and will not exceed 9 credits. Students will enjoy either tuition fee waiver or scholarship, the one which benefits him/her most.
2. 40% tuition fee waiver for UIU employees. A minimum 3 years active service will be required for such waiver.
3. 50% tuition fee waiver for UIU employees ward/ spouse.
4. UIU students getting admission to MBA/other Master’s Programs will get 25% Tuition Fee Waiver.
5. English Medium Students having minimum ‘B’ Grade in ‘O’ Levels will be entitled to exemption from the courses of English I and English II. Besides, students of Bangla Medium and English Version having a minimum score of 6.00 in all 4 (four) components (Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking) of IELTS Test will be exempted from taking 2 (two) English Courses.
6. 3% Students will get 100% Tuition Fee Waiver under Freedom Fighters’ Children Quota. Students must register a minimum of 9 credits (for undergraduate students) / 6 credits (for graduate students) in each trimester and will have to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for continuation of the waiver in the following trimester. Only Undergraduate students will be eligible for getting waiver in the ‘Project/Thesis’ course. Graduate students will not be entitled to waiver in the ‘Project/Thesis’ course.
7. Students will get tuition fee waiver in BOT category. Students will have to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 for continuation of financial assistance. Only Undergraduate students will get waiver in Project/ Thesis.
8. Students will get tuition fee waiver in Siblings Category. Each of them will get 20% tuition fee waiver. Both of them will have to registrar courses in the current trimester. No waiver for pre-requisite courses.
9. Siblings of the UIU Alumni will avail a tuition Fee Waiver of 20% upon admission in the University for all Programs, with effect from Spring-2020 Trimester.
10. MDS students working in govt, semi govt, or NGO having 5 years experience will get 40% tuition fee waiver and they will not any other scholarship/ waiver other than 100% waiver based on trimester result. And they have to maintain CGPA 3.00 for continuation of the waiver.
11. A discount of 25% will be given to each student in a group of minimum 2 (two) students from same organization for getting admission to graduate programs.
12. Full-time Government employees including the personnel of Armed Forces and autonomous organizations getting admission to graduate programs would be entitled to 25% Tuition Fee Waiver.
13. Students of all ethnic groups of the country including Chittagong Hill Tracts (Rangamati, Bandarban and Khagrachhari) will get 25% Tuition Fee Waiver. Such students will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5 for continuation of availing the waiver in the following Trimester.
14. 75% to 100% Tuition Fee Waiver is offered to students (with conditions) qualifying or participating in Programming Contest/International Mathematical/Physics/Informatics Olympiad.
a) 25% General discount is applicable for the incumbents of FBHRO Member Organizations like BSHRM, IPM, DIU, BOLD, BASHRP and BPHRS. Notably, any applicant may claim for the discount after becoming member (General, Associate, Fellow, Life Fellow) of the Member Organizations of the Federation.
b) Graduates of BBA/MBA programs other than major in HRM may get course waiver maximum for two courses as per the exemption criteria applicable for MIHRM program.
16. Tuition Fee Waiver Policy under the Non-academic Category: A UIU student who has entitlement of more than one type of Tuition Fee Waiver facility under the non-academic category (like siblings & spouses of students, UIU employees, UIU employees’ children, spouses etc.) will be eligible to only one type of Tuition Fee Waiver facility whichever benefits him/her most. In case of entitlement of Tuition Fee Waiver facility under both academic & non-academic category, consideration under non-academic category will come first.