United International University offers the following Undergraduate & Graduate degree programs.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) [124 Credits]
BBA in Accounting & Information Systems (BBA in AIS) [124 Credits]
Bachelor of Science in Economics (BSECO) [121 Credits]
B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering (BSCSE) [137 Credits]
B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (BSEEE) [140 Credits]
B.Sc. in Civil Engineering (BSCE) [151.5 Credits]
BSS in Environment and Development Studies program (BSSEDS) [123 Credits]
Master of Business Administration (MBA) [60 Credits]
Executive MBA (EMBA) [45 Credits]
MS in Economics (MSECO) [30 Credits]
Master in Development Studies (MDS) [39 Credits]
M.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering (MSCSE) [36 Credits]
Master in International Human Resource Management (MIHRM) [42 Credits]
The minimum qualification for admission into an undergraduate program is:
1. A minimum GPA of 2.5/2nd division/equivalent grade in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. Students with GPA 2.00 in any examination either SSC or HSC, however, must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 totalling the GPA of both the examinations.
2. O-level students must have completed a minimum of 5 subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.50 or above and A-level students a minimum of 2 subjects with Average Grade Point of 2.00 or above (scale A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1)
3. For admission to BSEEE/CSE/Civil programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level.
4. The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, will be eligible for getting admission if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totalling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Such students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter.
5. Acceptable score in UIU Admission Test.
6. Admission Test is not required for GPA 5.00 holders in H.S.C/equivalent level of exams & Credit Transferred students for getting admission to an undergraduate program.
The minimum qualification for admission into a graduate program is:
- A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.00 or above in a scale of 4.0
- A relevant Bachelor Degree with at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams.
- Students completing undergraduate programs from UIU having a minimum CGPA of 2.00 will be eligible to get admission to any graduate programs without appearing at the Admission Test.
- Different departments may have some additional requirements.
- Some students may be required to complete some additional preparatory courses at UIU before they start their Master’s programs.
Note: For applying to the EMBA program: after completing the Bachelor’s degree a minimum of 2 years of work experience is required.
School of Business & Economics (BBA/BBA In AIS/BSECO): A One-hour & Twenty minutes (Appx.) admission test consisting of essay and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), SAT1/SSC syllabus based Mathematics (Quantitative, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Commonly known concepts of Geometry), Short Essay writing.
School of Science & Engg (CSE/EEE): A two-hour admission test (Appx.) consisting of essay or paragraph and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), HSC syllabus based Mathematics & Physics.
MBA: A One-hour admission test consisting of three sections (i) Multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), (ii) Multiple-choice questions in Mathematics (Quantitative, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Commonly known concepts of Geometry), (iii) Short Essay writing.
EMBA, MSCSE, MSECO, MDS & MIHRM: Students are required to attend Viva Voce.
1. Admission fee taka 15,000.00 (Non Refundable)
2. Caution Money for ID Card Tk. 2000.00 (Refundable) payable at the time of taking admission.
i) Certificates, Marks sheet, Testimonials of all previous examinations.
ii) 2 copies of recent passport-sized & 1 copy of the stamp-sized photograph (which you uploaded online).
iii) For Diploma graduates, all semester-wise Marks sheet.
iv) For EMBA program, certificate of 2 years’ Job Experience.
v) Students own NID / Birth Certificate/ Passport Copy & National ID Card of Father / Mother.
vi) The signature of Father / Mother / Guardian is mandatory on the Admission Form. If anyone puts his / her signature as a guardian, the photocopy of the National Id Card of the signatory has to be submitted to the Admission Office.
vii) Presence of Mother/Father/Guardian is a must at the time of admission of an undergraduate student.