Students who enroll at UIU assume the responsibility of paying tuition and other fees in accordance with the following financial policies:
- Admission fee is non refundable and is due at the time of admission.
- Caution money for ID Card Tk. 2000 (Refundable) payable at the time of taking admission.
- Course fee is due to be paid within stipulated deadline of a trimeser/semester.
- Students failing to pay their course fee in time will have to pay a late fee (details of the late fee can be obtained from the Registrar’s Office).
- University authority reserves the right to cancel the enrollment/admission of any student failing to meet the financial obligation.
Course Drop and Refunds
Dropping of courses can be done with 100% adjustable refund of tuition fees within the dates as mentioned in the Academic Calendar
Financial Award and Assistance
UIU has established a financial award scheme to attract and retain good students and facilitate education for meritorious students. Full time Undergraduate students may get 25%, 50% & 100% tuition fee waiver for the entire program based on the results of SSC/O-level & HSC/A-level or equivalent exams. Graduate students entering in Masters Programs may also qualify for 25% tuition fee waiver for the entire program depending on their results in the previous exams. Undergraduate and Graduate students, however, have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in the subsequent trimester for the continuation of waiver.
At the end of each subsequent trimester/semester, a merit list of both undergraduate and graduate students is prepared and top 10% students have the opportunity to avail 25% to 100% tuition fee waiver in the following trimester/semester provided a minimum GPA of 3.50 is scored.
Conditions and Rules for Financial Assistance
The following conditions will apply for the continuation of the tuition fee waiver for the following trimester(s):
- No tuition fee waiver for CGPA below 3.50 for undergraduate & graduate students.
- For any retake of course, tuition fee waiver will not applicable.
- Students of undergraduate programs must register a minimum of 9 credits in each trimester (For BSc in Civil Engg. 13.5 credits & for BSSEDS/BSSMSJ 12 credits in each Semester) to be eligible for both tuition fee waiver and UIU Scholarship and 6 credits for Graduate Program.
- Undergraduate students of SOBE will be entitled for scholarship up to 12 credits (maximum) and those of SOSE (except Civil) up to 13 credits (maximum). For BSc in Civil Engg.,BSSEDS & BSSMSJ it will be up to 18 credits.
- Masters students shall get scholarship depending of the course load of previous trimester and will not exceed 9 credits. Students will enjoy either tuition fee waiver or scholarship, the one which benefits him/her most.
- Tuition fee waiver/scholarship is not allowed for Thesis/Project/Internship.