* Admission fee Tk. 20,000/- (non-refundable) as down payment during admission.
** Caution money for ID Card Tk. 2000/- (refundable) payable at the time of taking Admission.
*** Per Trimester Fee Taka 6500/- & Per Semester Fee Taka 9750/-
|Eligibility for getting Direct Admission to undergraduate & graduate programs
1. GPA 5.00 holders in HSC/Equivalent exams.
2. An admittee with five (5) A’s in the O-level and 1 A’s & 1 B’s in A-level
3. An admittee with five (5) A’s in the O-level and two (2) B’s in the A-level
4. An admittee with four (4) A’s in the O-level
5. A minimum SAT-1 score of 1000
6. For admission to BSEEE/CSE/Civil programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level.
7. For getting admission to any Master’s program for the students graduated from UIU
The following conditions will however apply:
- *1 Students of undergraduate programs must register a minimum of 9 credits in each trimester (For BSc in Civil Engg. 13.5 credits, B. Pharm 14 credits, BSSEDS & BSSMSJ 12 credits in each Semester) to be eligible for both tuition fee waiver and UIU Scholarship..
- *1 Students availing 25% to 100% tuition fee waiver in the undergraduate programs will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in the trimester/semester examination for continuation of the waiver facility in the following trimester/semester.
- *2 Students of graduate programs must register at least 6 credits in each trimester to be eligible for both tuition fee waiver and UIU Scholarship.
- *2 Students availing 25% tuition fee waiver in the graduate programs will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in the trimester examination for continuation of the waiver facility in the following trimester.
- Undergraduate students of SOBE will be entitled for scholarship up to 12 credits (maximum) and those of SOSE (except Civil) up to 13 credits (maximum). For B. Pharm it will be up to 20 credits. BSc in Civil Engg. it will be 19 credits, BSSEDS & BSSMSJ it will be up to 18 credits. Masters students shall get scholarship depending of the course load of previous trimester and will not exceed 9 credits.
- Students would be required to pay an amount of Tk 15,000/- as a partial payment of tuition fees before registration of courses. The rest amount of payable tuition fees shall have to be paid within the deadline of payment of total tuition fees.
- Students having entitlement to Tuition Fee Waiver facility based on the results of HSC/ English Medium and other public exams whenever becomes eligible to a Scholarship on the basis of his/her Trimester/Semester Exam Result will be allowed to avail either of the two facilities at a time, the one which benefits him/her most.
- If a student drops a trimester/semester all courses registered in a trimester/semester within the stipulated time, his/her tuition fees will only be adjusted with the tuition fees payable during the next registration of courses. Besides, if the student cancels his/her admission after dropping a trimester/semester, all courses such tuition fees will not be refunded.
- Students applying for I grade in a particular trimester/semester would not be eligible for any scholarship scheme of UIU for the following trimester.
- Fee for “Retake” & “Repeat” of courses: 100% of tuition fee.
- Applications of course waiver/credit transfer must be submitted to respective departments before registration for classes in the 1st trimester/semester. Different departments may have some additional requirements.
- Tuition fee waiver/Scholarship is not applicable for Thesis/Project/Internship.
- Applications of credit transfer must be submitted to respective departments before registration for classes in the 1st trimester/semester.
- Diploma students will get 25% Tuition Fee waiver for getting admission to different undergraduate programs.
- Dept. of MBA/EMBA: Applications of course waiver/credit transfer must be submitted to respective departments before registration for classes in the 1st trimester. To get course waiver/transfer, minimum grade must be B (or 60% marks under traditional system). Waiver can be allowed for a maximum of 10 courses. Syllabus and grading system of the previous program will be considered for a waiver decision.
Some other benefits of UIU
- For Undergraduate Programs, top 10% students will be eligible to get 25% to 100% scholarship by taking at least 9 credit hours under the trimester system, 13.5 credits for BSc in Civil Engg., 12 credits for BSSEDS/BSSMSJ and B. Pharm for 14 credits under the semester system and must achieve a trimester/semester GPA of 3.50.
In the graduate programs, top 10% students will also be eligible to get 25% to 100% scholarship by taking at least 6 credit hours and achieving trimester GPA of 3.50 as well.
- 75% to 100% Tuition Fee Waiver is offered to students (with conditions) qualifying or participating in Programming Contest/International Mathematical /Physics/Informatics Olympiad.
- Students will get tuition fee waiver in Siblings Category. Each of them will get 20% tuition fee waiver. Both of them will have to register courses in the current trimester/semester.
- UIU students getting admission to MBA/other Master’s Programs will get 25% Tuition Fee Waiver.
- Siblings of the UIU Alumni are entitled for the tuition fee Waiver of 20% upon admission in the University for all Programs (Effective from Spring 2020 trimester/semester).
- 3% Students will get 100% Tuition Fee Waiver under Freedom Fighters’ Children Quota. Students of undergraduate programs must register a minimum of 9 credits in each trimester (For BSc in Civil Engg. 13.5 credits, BSSEDS & BSSMSJ 12 credits in each Semester) / 6 credits (for graduate students) in each trimester/semester and will have to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for continuation of the waiver in the following trimester/semester. Only Undergraduate students will be eligible for getting waiver in the ‘Project/Thesis’ course. Graduate students will not be entitled to waiver in the ‘Project/Thesis’ course.
- MDS students working in govt, semi govt, or NGO having 5 years experience will get 40% tuition fee waiver and they will not be entitled to any other scholarship/ waiver other than 100% waiver based on trimester result. And they have to maintain CGPA 3.00 for continuation of the waiver.
- A discount of 25% will be given to each student in a group of minimum 2 (two) students from the same organization for getting admission to graduate programs.
- Full-time Government employees including the personnel of Armed Forces and autonomous organizations getting admission to graduate programs would be entitled to 25% Tuition Fee Waiver.
- Students of all ethnic groups of the country including Chittagong Hill Tracts (Rangamati, Bandarban and Khagrachhari) will get 25% Tuition Fee Waiver. Such students will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5 for continuation of availing the waiver in the following trimester/semester.
- 40% tuition fee waiver for UIU employees. A minimum 3 years active service will be required for such waiver.
- 50% tuition fee waiver for UIU employees ward/ spouse.
- Students will get tuition fee waiver in BOT category. Students will have to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 for continuation of financial assistance.
- English Medium Students having minimum B Grade in “O” Level will be entitled to exemption from the courses of English I and English II. Besides, students having a minimum score of 6.00 in all 4 (four) components (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking) separately in the IELTS Test will be exempted from taking English I and English II.
- All Physically disabled students admitted to different programs of United International University will be entitled to 50% Tuition Fee waiver. This waiver will not be applicable for “Retake” courses and the course “Internship/Project/Thesis”.
100% tuition Fee and Other Fees Waiver’ for Meritorious and Poor Students of Underdeveloped Regions of Bangladesh: Top 3% of the total admitted students in a particular trimester/semester who are meritorious and poor and come from the underdeveloped upazilas of Bangladesh, as determined by the Government of Bangladesh from time to time, will be awarded this scholarship (conditions apply). A student, who receives this scholarship, will be waived from all tuition and other fees except admission fee, ID card fee and retake course(s) fees. Upon selection, he/she will continue to get the waiver till they obtain their degree, subject to the condition that s/he obtains a minimum GPA of 2.5 in a particular trimester/semester for becoming eligible to get 100% Tuition and Other Fees Waiver in the following trimester/semester.
- UIU students enrolled in graduate programs, students completed PGDHRM Diploma from UIU, employees of Govt. and autonomous bodies, members of Armed & Security Forces, employees of corporate bodies having at least 2 students from a single organization, the employees (faculty & staff) of UIU enjoying 40% Tuition Fee Waiver facility, their spouse/siblings/children availing 50% Tuition Fee Waiver facility and the employees of United Group getting 40% Tuition Fee Waiver facility will be entitled to Tuition Fee Waiver in their respective categories only. There will remain no scope to avail any other Tuition Fee Waiver facility under non-academic category including Siblings Scheme. This decision will come into effect from Spring 2021 Trimester.
Documents are required at the time of Admission
- Photocopies with attestation of all certificates, marks sheet (For Diploma students all semester’s mark sheets), testimonials, Students own National ID Card/ Birth Certificate/Passport copy, National ID Card of Father/Mother, 2 years’ Job Experience Certificate for EMBA Program, 2 copies of recent passport size & 1 copy of stamp size photograph (which you uploaded online) are required to be submitted during admission time.
- The signature of Father / Mother / Guardian is mandatory on the Admission Form. If anyone puts his / her signature as a guardian, the photocopy of National Id Card of the signatory has to be submitted in the Admission Office.
Admission Test Syllabus
* School of Business & Economics: A One-hour & Twenty minutes (Appx.) admission test consisting of essay and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), SAT1/SSC syllabus based Mathematics (Quantitative, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Commonly known concepts of Geometry), Short Essay writing.
* School of Science & Engg. A two-hour admission test (Appx.) consisting of essay or paragraph and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), HSC syllabus based Mathematics & Physics.
* BSS in EDS: The admission test for BSS in EDS Program of UIU consists of four separate sections: general knowledge (historically significant national and international events, and contemporary national and international issues); English (grammar, translations, synonyms and antonyms, and spelling correction); contemporary environment and development issues (environment, climate change, global warming, disaster management, urbanization, etc.) and Easy Writing (in English).
* BSSMSJ: A one-hour admission test based on SSC & HSC syllabus consisting of four sections (i) Multiple-choice questions in General Knowledge (Bangladesh & International affairs) (ii) Multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar & Language,), (iii) Multiple-choice questions in Bengali (Grammar, Language & Literature), (iv) Short Essay / Paragraph writing.
* B.Pharm: A One-hour (Appx) consisting of essay or paragraph and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), HSC syllabus based on Biology and Chemistry.
* BA in English: A One-hour & Twenty minutes (Appx.) admission test consisting of essay and multiple-choice questions in English HSC syllabus based (Grammar, Reading Comprehension & Vocabulary)and Short Essay writing.
* MBA: A One-hour admission test consisting of three sections (i) Multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), (ii) Multiple-choice questions in Mathematics (Quantitative, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Commonly known concepts of Geometry), (iii) Short Essay writing.
* EMBA, MSCSE, MSECO & MDS: Students are required to attend Viva Voce and shall have to bring all Academic Certificates, Transcripts & Job Experience Certificates at the time of Viva Voce.
* Acceptable score in UIU admission test. Successful applicants must complete admission procedures within a specified date, which will be mentioned in the Admission Test Result notification.
*UIU reserves the right to change the policies, fees, curricula, or any other information without any prior notice and to cancel programs and courses.*
Collection of Admission Form:
Admission Form is available at UIU Admission Office in working days (Saturday to Wednesday) between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. on payment of Tk. 1000/= (non-refundable).
* Admission Form is also available on On-line. (admission.uiu.ac.bd)