Category for Tuition Fee waiver
Conditions for Tuition Fee Waiver
Per Credit Fee
|Payable Amount includes Admission Fee Tk. 15,000|
|BBA in AIS
123 Credit (12 Trimester)
120 Credit (12 Trimester)
151.5 Credit (8 Semester)
137 Credit (12 Trimester)
142 Credit (12 Trimester)
100% for English Medium students
|Five (5) A’s in the O-level and 2 A’s in A-level Exams. However, for students admitted in Engineering Programs, students must have ‘B’ either in Physics or Mathematics in A-Level exams.||N/A||Tk. 90,000*1||Tk. 90,000*1||
50% for the students of English and Bangla Medium or equivalent public exams.
|2’A’s from A-level Exam
Five (5) A’s in the O-level and 1 ‘A’ in A-level Exams.
HSC GPA 5.00 (without 4th subject) or equivalent public exams.
|Per credit fee Taka 2500.00 for all programs except BSECO. For BSECO per credit fee is Taka 1850.00||Tk. 3,90,000*1||Tk. 3,90,000*1||
25% for the students of English and Bangla Medium or equivalent public exams.
|Four (4) A’s in the O-level and 1 A in A-level exams.
HSC GPA 5.00 (with 4th subject) / or equivalent public exams.
|Per credit fee Taka 3750.00 for all programs except BSECO. For BSECO per credit fee is Taka 2775.00||Tk. 5,40,000*1||Tk. 5,40,000*1||
|N/A||Taka 5000.00 for all programs except BSECO. For BSECO per credit fee is Taka 3700.00||Tk. 6,90,000||Tk. 6,90,000||
|Category for Tuition Fee waiver||Conditions for Tuition Fee Waiver||Per Credit Fee||Payable Amount includes Admission Fee Tk. 15,000|
36 Credit Hours
|MS in Economics
30 Credit Hours
39 Credit Hours
42 Credit Hours
|25% Tuition Fee waiver||GPA 3.50 on Scale of 4.00 & GPA 4.37 on Scale of 5.00 in HSC & above or equivalent level public exams:||Per credit fee Taka 3750.00 for all programs. For MSECO & MDS per credit fee is Taka 2775.00||Tk. 1,47,500
|Tk. 1,47,500 (30 Cr.*)*2||Tk. 1,70,000
(Research Paper Based.)*2
|Tk. 2,70,000 (60Cr.)*2||Tk. 2,08,750 (45 Cr.)*2||Tk. 1,23,800 (Thesis Based)*2|
|Regular Cost||N/A||Per credit fee Taka 5000.00 for all programs.
For MSECO & MDS per Cr fee Tk. 3700/-
|Tk. 1,85,000 (30 Cr.)||Tk. 1,85,000 (30 Cr.)||Tk. 2,15,000
(Theory, Project, Thesis Based)
(Thesis & Research Paper Based)
(Course & Thesis Based)
|Tk. 2,65,000 (45 Cr.)|
|Note: All MBA & EMBA students admitted in Summer-2019 trimester onward will have to complete 2 (two) additional co-curricular courses (i) Data Analysis and Visualization with Excel & (ii) English for a Successful Career under the Graduate Employability Enhancement Program for MBA/EMBA students. Amount of additional cost for these two courses will be Tk. 6000. The courses are highly subsidized by the university.|
*** MIHRM: Special discount is available for the deserving candidates. For details, please contact with Admissions Office or visit http://sobe.uiu.ac.bd/mihrm/fee-structure/
* Admission fee Tk. 15,000 (non-refundable) as down payment during admission.
** Caution money for ID Card Tk. 2000 (refundable) payable at the time of taking Admission.
*** Per Trimester Fee Taka 5000.00. For B.Sc. in Civil Semester Fee Taka 7500.00
|Eligibility for getting Direct Admission to undergraduate & graduate programs
1. GPA 5.00 holders in HSC/Equivalent exams.
2. An admittee with five (5) A’s in the O-level and 2 A’s in A-level
3. An admittee with five (5) A’s in the O-level and one (1) A in the A-level
4. An admittee with four (4) A’s in the O-level and one (1) A in the A-level
5. Two (2) A’s in the A-level examination.
6. A minimum SAT-1 score of 1000
7. Credit-transferred students will be able to get admission to an undergraduate/graduate program of UIU without Admission Test.
8. For admission to BSEEE/CSE/Civil programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level.
9. For getting admission to any Master’s program for the students graduated from UIU
Last date of Direct Admission for all programs (except B.Sc. in Civil): 7th October, 2020. Last date for B.Sc in Civil: 30th July, 2020
The Following conditions will however apply:
- *1 Students of undergraduate programs must register a minimum of 9 credits in each trimester to be eligible for both tuition fee waiver and UIU Scholarship.
- *1 Students availing 25% to 100% tuition fee waiver in the undergraduate programs will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in the trimester examination for continuation of the waiver facility in the following semester.
- *2 Students of graduate programs must register at least 6 credits in each trimester to be eligible for both tuition fee waiver and UIU Scholarship.
- *2 Students availing 25% tuition fee waiver in the graduate programs will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in the trimester examination for continuation of the waiver facility in the following semester.
- Undergraduate students of SOBE will be entitled for scholarship up to 12 credits (maximum) and SOSE 13 credits (maximum). Masters students shall get scholarship depending of the course load of previous trimester and will not exceed 9 credits. Students will enjoy either tuition fee waiver or scholarship, the one which benefits him/her most.
- Students would be required to pay an amount of Tk 15,000/- as a partial payment of tuition fees before registration of courses. The rest amount of payable tuition fees shall have to be paid within the deadline of payment of total tuition fees.
- Students having entitlement to Tuition Fee Waiver facility based on the results of HSC/ English Medium and other public exams whenever becomes eligible to a Scholarship on the basis of his/her Trimester Exam Result will be allowed to avail either of the two facilities at a time, the one which benefits him/her most.
- If a student drops a trimester /drops all courses registered in a trimester within the stipulated time, his/her tuition fees will only be adjusted with the tuition fees payable during the next registration of courses. Besides, if the student cancels his/her admission after dropping a trimester/dropping all courses, such tuition fees will not be refunded.
- Students applying for I grade in a particular trimester would not be eligible for any scholarship scheme of UIU for the following trimester.
- Fee for “Retake” & “Repeat” of courses: 100% of tuition fee.
- Applications of course waiver/credit transfer must be submitted to respective departments before registration for classes in the 1st semester. Different departments may have some additional requirements.
- Tuition fee waiver/Scholarship is not applicable for Thesis/Project/Internship.
- Applications of credit transfer must be submitted to respective departments before registration for classes in the 1st trimester. To get course waiver / transfer, minimum grade must be B.
- Dept. of MBA/EMBA: Applications of course waiver/credit transfer must be submitted to respective departments before registration for classes in the 1st trimester. To get course waiver / transfer, minimum grade must be B (or 60% marks under traditional system). Waiver can be allowed for a maximum of 10 courses. Syllabus and grading system of the previous program will be considered for a waiver decision.
Some other benefits of UIU
- Top 15% students will be eligible to get 25% to 100% scholarship by taking at least 9 credit hour courses and achieving trimester GPA of 3.50 as well.
- 75% to 100% Tuition Fee Waiver is offered to students (with conditions) qualifying or participating in Programming Contest/International Mathematical /Physics/Informatics Olympiad.
- Siblings both making registration will be eligible for 20% tuition fee waiver each
- UIU students getting admission to MBA/other Master’s Programs will get 25% Tuition Fee Waiver.
- Siblings of the UIU Alumni will avail a tuition Fee Waiver of 20% upon admission in the University for all Programs, with effect from Spring-2020 Trimester.
- 3% Students will get 100% Tuition Fee Waiver under Freedom Fighters’ Children Quota. Students must register a minimum of 9 credits (for undergraduate students) / 6 credits (for graduate students) in each trimester and will have to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 for continuation of the waiver in the following trimester. Only Undergraduate students will be eligible for getting waiver in the ‘Project/Thesis’ course. Graduate students will not be entitled to waiver in the ‘Project/Thesis’ course.
- MDS students working in govt, semi govt, or NGO having 5 years experience will get 40% tuition fee waiver and they will not any other scholarship/ waiver other than 100% waiver based on trimester result. And they have to maintain CGPA 3.00 for continuation of the waiver.
- A discount of 25% will be given to each student in a group of minimum 2 (two) students from same organization for getting admission to graduate programs.
- Full-time Government employees including the personnel of Armed Forces and autonomous organizations getting admission to graduate programs would be entitled to 25% Tuition Fee Waiver.
- Students of all ethnic groups of the country including Chittagong Hill Tracts (Rangamati, Bandarban and Khagrachhari) will get 25% Tuition Fee Waiver. Such students will have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5 for continuation of availing the waiver in the following Trimester.
- 25% General discount is applicable for MIHRM program students who are incumbents of FBHRO Member Organizations like BSHRM, IPM, DIU, BOLD, BASHRP and BPHRS. Notably, any applicant may claim for the discount after becoming member (General, Associate, Fellow, Life Fellow) of the Member Organizations of the Federation
- 40% tuition fee waiver for UIU employees. A minimum 3 years active service will be required for such waiver.
- 50% tuition fee waiver for UIU employees ward/ spouse.
- Students will get tuition fee waiver in BOT category. Students will have to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 for continuation of financial assistance. Only Undergraduate students will get waiver in Project/ Thesis.
- Tuition Fee Waiver Policy under the Non-academic Category: A UIU student who has entitlement of more than one type of Tuition Fee Waiver facility under the non-academic category (like siblings & spouses of students, UIU employees, UIU employees’ children, spouses etc.) will be eligible to only one type of Tuition Fee Waiver facility whichever benefits him/her most. In case of entitlement of Tuition Fee Waiver facility under both academic & non-academic category, onsideration under non-academic category will come first.
Documents are required at the time of Admission
- Photocopies with attestation of all certificates, marks sheet (For Diploma students All semester’s mark sheets), testimonials, Students own National ID Card/ Birth Certificate/Passport copy, National ID Card of Father/Mother, 2 copies of recent passport size & 1 copy of stamp size photograph (which you uploaded online) are required to be submitted during admission time.
- The signature of Father / Mother / Guardian is mandatory on the Admission Form. If anyone puts his / her signature as a guardian, the photocopy of National Id Card of the signatory has to be submitted in the Admission Office.
Admission Test Syllabus
* School of Business & Economics: A One-hour & Twenty minutes (Appx.) admission test consisting of essay and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), SAT1/SSC syllabus based Mathematics (Quantitative, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Commonly known concepts of Geometry), Short Essay writing.
* School of Science & Engg. A two-hour admission test (Appx.) consisting of essay or paragraph and multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), HSC syllabus based Mathematics & Physics.
* MBA: A One-hour admission test consisting of three sections (i) Multiple-choice questions in English (Grammar, Reading Comprehension), (ii) Multiple-choice questions in Mathematics (Quantitative, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, Commonly known concepts of Geometry), (iii) Short Essay writing.
* EMBA, MSCSE, MSECO & MDS: Students are required to attend Viva Voce and shall have to bring all Academic Certificates, Transcripts & Job Experience Certificates at the time of Viva Voce.
* Acceptable score in UIU admission test. Successful applicants must complete admission procedures within a specified date, which will be mentioned in the Admission Test Result notification.
*UIU reserves the right to change the policies, fees, curricula, or any other information without any prior notice and to cancel programs and courses.*
Collection of Admission Form:
Admission Form is available at UIU Admission Office in working days between 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. on payment of Tk. 1000/= (non-refundable).
* Admission Form is also available on On-line. (www.admission.uiu.ac.bd)