School of Business and Economics
The School of Business and Economics has 68 full-time faculty members, as well as a number of part-time faculty members.
The school offers three undergraduate programs:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): The BBA program has been designed to produce graduates with the state-of-the-art knowledge, skills and understanding of the functioning of modern business enterprise. BBA program of UIU is one of top within the country and attracts a large number of students each year.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting & Information Systems (AIS): The BBA in AIS is an internationally recognized degree at undergraduate level that prepares potential accounting professionals, business executives, entrepreneurs and academics. The program started in 2010. UIU is the only university, which offers a full BBA program catering to the need of Accounting Professionals. Students graduating from AIS are readily capable to sit for Professional Exams (CA, ACCA, CMA, etc) of Accounting.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Economics: This program started in 2010. The program aims at providing the basic philosophy of modern economic theories with analyses on the state of contemporary economy of the world.
The School of Business and Economics also offers three masters programs and one post graduate diploma program:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Regular and Executive): The MBA program has been developed to sharpen the leadership skills in individuals who intend to pursue a management career. Specially, the program aims at making an individual thoughtful, analytic decision maker and excellent communicator. The Executive MBA program has been specially designed for executives who intend to enhance their skills further for a successful future career.
- Master of Science (MS) in Economics: The emphasis of the program is given in teaching applied economics courses to help graduates meeting the challenges of designing and evaluating policies.
- Master in Development Studies (MDS): The MDS program focuses to assess the need of the society, develop and design programs and projects, and also to monitor and evaluate development programs.
- PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in HRM): The PGDHRM is another exclusive program for HR professionals. UIU is again the only university among other Institutes offering this certification program in collaboration with Bangladesh Society for Human Resource Management (BSHRM).