Publish Date : 27th April, 2019
Make your voice heard!
State any problem and formulate a solution using any form of technology. Ignite your potential!
OPEN FOR ALL!!!!
ICT Division, Bangladesh has taken initiatives to promote Entrepreneurship and startup culture among the university students to face the technological challenges of an unexpected future through unlocking their potential supporting them in all means so that they can innovate their own solutions and provide jobs to others instead of looking for one. On 15th March 2018. ‘Innovation Design and Entrepreneurship Academy (iDEA)’ project bearing the flag of Startup Bangladesh Initiative signed as MoU with ‘Center for Research and Information (CRI)’, the secretariat of country’s largest youth network ‘Young Bangla’ to take the initiative for the first time titled as ‘Student to Startup – Season 1’. This is a national competition specially designed and open for all University Students (Undergraduate/post-graduate) of Bangladesh to bring their ideas of real-life solutions into reality. 40 universities from 8 divisions are chosen as the venues. As a part of the project, UNITED INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY is selected as one of the venues.
NO REGISTRATION FEE WILL BE CHARGED!
The startup program (UIU) will be held on the 5th & 6th May 2019. There will be a workshop on 5th May and idea pitching session on 6th May.
From UIU minimum *3 teams and a maximum of 5 teams will be selected for National Startup Camp. 120 teams from 40 universities will join the National Startup Camp in Savar for 4 days. The entire cost will be born by the Government. On the third day, 30 best teams will be selected by highly esteemed judges.
On the final day through rigorous selection process 10 final teams will be crowned as winners to receive the funding up to 10 lakh taka each team, mentoring and other support from Startup Bangladesh- iDEA project and Young Bangla will support them in every endeavor. Moreover, the top 30 teams will get an office in ICT Tower for their product development!
• The participant has to be a student of the undergraduate/ postgraduate program. (PhD students are not allowed)
• Participant must participate as a team of minimum 1 to a maximum of 3 members.
• Students outside of UIU can also participate through the online registration form or from the registration booth.
Submission Rules :
• Participants need to fill-up the following online registration form: http://startupbangladesh.gov.
• All the details provided through the registration form must be legit. Otherwise, the registration will be terminated.
• Contact details provided in the registration form should be active otherwise the participant will be considered as eliminated.
• Preliminary evaluation to select participants for the campus program will be processed through details provided in the online registration form.
• If the same team provides multiple submissions, the last submission will be taken.
• One person cannot participate in multiple teams.
• One Team cannot submit multiple ideas. Though they can change (Pivot) their idea during the program according to the organizers’ concern.
For more details please visit: http://startupbangladesh.gov.
Workshop: 5th May
Time : (11 AM to 2 PM)
Venue: Room no 124
Pitching: 6th May
Time : (Starts from 11 AM)
Venue: Room no 124
Registration Booth Details:
(29th and 30th April)
LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION: 4th May 2019, 10:00 AM
If you have any queries about this project feel free to connect with the Campus Ambassadors.