Memorandum of Understanding
University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College (UTB/TSC), USA
United International University (UIU), Bangladesh
This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the University of Texas at Brownsville and Texas Southmost College (UTB/TSC) and United International University (UIU), Bangladesh is intended to develop any and all areas of cooperation between the above mentioned institutions.
Terms and Conditions
- UTB/TSC will accept transfer students from UIU subject to the students’ meeting the admission criteria of UTB/TSC.
- UTB/TSC will work with UIU to establish course transfer credits from UIU to UTB/TSC.
- Students wishing to transfer to UTB/TSC will be awarded transfer credit for the matching courses, maintain a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, and pass any necessary exit examinations as required in the curriculum.
- UTB/TSC will make available to students from UIU scholarships and financial assistance as allowed by local, state and federal rules.
- UTB/TSC will work with UIU to offer both undergraduate and graduate UTB/TSC courses at UIU.
- UTB/TSC will work with UIU to offer UTB/TSC distance education courses at UIU.
- UTB/TSC and UIU will pursue opportunities for research and faculty and student exchange.
- UTB/TSC and UIU will pursue opportunities for developing undergraduate and graduate degree programs relevant to students in Bangladesh.
- Both institutions will ensure that they adhere to existing regulations and policies of their respective governments and accrediting agencies.
This MOU is effective upon signing by both parties. UTB/TSC and UIU will review this MOU periodically. This MOU can be terminated by either party via written notification. It is understood that termination of this MOU will not jeopardize existing projects at the time of the termination.
Notices: All notices under this agreement shall be in writing and delivered either by personal delivery or by United States certified mail, return receipt requested. Such notices shall be deemed given when received by such party’s designated representative.
Oral Representations: No oral representations of any officer, agent, or employee of Facility, University, or System shall affect or modify any obligations of either party under this Agreement.
Amendment to Agreement: No amendment to this Agreement shall be valid unless reduced to writing, signed by an authorized representative of each party.
Assignment: Neither this Agreement nor a Program Agreement may be assigned by either party without prior written approval of the other party.
Performance: A delay in or failure of performance of either party that is caused by occurrences beyond the control of either party shall not constitute default hereunder, or give rise to any claim for damages.
Dr. Jose Martin
Professor Dr. M. Rezwan Khan