Memorandum Of Understanding
United International University in Dhaka, Bangladesh
The State University of New York, Brockport
A. We, the undersigned agree to establish and enhance educational links between United International University and The State University of New York- Brockport (SUNY Brockport) for the purpose of furthering cooperation through both educational and academic exchanges hereby affirm our intent to promote such exchanges as will be of mutual benefit for our respective institutions. Educational and academic exchanges are considered here to include, but not be limited to:
- Development of mutually beneficial academic programs and courses;
- Exchange of academic staff for purposes of teaching and research;
- Reciprocal assistance for visiting academic staff and students;
- Coordination of such activities as joint research, lectures and training;
- Exchange of documentation and research materials in fields of mutual interest provided that, to the best knowledge of the respective institutions, there is no prohibition in law or otherwise against the exchange;
- Exchange of students for study and research; and,
- Academic transfer agreements (1+3 or 2+2)
B. Details of the implementation of any particular student exchange or faculty-related activity resulting from this Memorandum of Understanding shall be negotiated between the two institutions as such specific case may arise and will be outlined in a Supplementary Student Exchange Agreement or Faculty Exchange Agreement between the institutions. Supplementary Agreements are always subject to availability of funds in the respective institutions.
C. Academic Transfer Agreements: Our goal is to establish formal transfer agreement(s) (1+3 or 2+2) between United International University and SUNY Brockport towards progression pathways for students to further their study at SUNY Brockport.
D. Education Link Principles:
- Cost of Program: Each party shall be responsible for the costs of running their own programs (including but not limited to the collection of fees, administration of students and program delivery, and etc.).
- Credit Matching: The parties will determine the credit matching/equivalency basis between the parties which includes as follows:
a) SUNY Brockport agrees to accept transfer students from United International University into an undergraduate program who meet the university’s admission requirements. The requirements for admission can be found at: http://www.brockport.edu/international/admissions/freshman.html
b) The student’s TOEFL score, IELTS score, or English proficiency will be considered but not will be the only factor in SUNY Brockport’s admissions decision. If the student does not meet our English requirement but otherwise meets our academic requirements for admission, the student may be granted conditional admission based on enrollment in, and successful completion of ELS level 112.
c) Both parties will use the equivalency table (yet to be developed) as a record of the classes that will transfer to SUNY Brockport from United International University. This equivalency table maybe updated periodically to reflect changes in the course offerings by United International University and SUNY Brockport.
a)United International University shall plan and bear all of its own marketing costs for its own programs.
b) SUNY Brockport shall provide United International University, on a regular basis (either hard copies or online downloadable soft copies), with current catalogs, application materials and information on requirements for transfer and admission. United International University shall promote the SUNY Brockport pathway in its promotional materials.
c) Subject to each party’s available resources and its own discretion, either party may (if invited by the other party), send its staff/faculty to participate in the other party’s Marketing Activities.
- Student Referrals and Applications:
- United International University shall direct all the enquiries and applications from students for the credit transfer to SUNY Brockport and SUNY Brockport shall process all the applications as soon as possible.
- All student’s applications and fees shall be paid via on-line credit payment, check, or money order.
- Scholarship Availability:
- Both parties will promote availability of SUNY Brockport scholarships for application by United International University students who wish to apply or who have applied for transfer studies to SUNY Brockport.
- This Memorandum of Understanding reflects the respective institutions commitments to both educational and academic exchanges as of the date of the Memorandum of Understanding. This Memorandum of Understanding may be amended or terminated at any time by either party provided that notice of termination or amendment is provided by the notifying party to the other party within thirty (30) days of the date on which the termination or the amendment is intended to become effective. This Memorandum of Understanding shall expire after 5 years unless both parties agree in writing to a renewal. Any amendment or termination shall not have effect on any agreement in place at the time that the notice is provided, where the arrangement arises from any Supplementary Agreements resulting from this Memorandum of Understanding.
- Friendly Negotiations: Should there arise any other issues not provided for, both parties shall address such issues through friendly negotiations.G. Confidentiality:
- Both parties will maintain the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the disclosing party and will not disclose any Confidential Information to any employees or to any third party except on a need to know basis. Such confidentiality obligations are subject to applicable law and shall survive and continue beyond the expiration or termination of this Memorandum of Understanding.
- “Confidential Information” means in respect of a party, all of that party’s Intellectual Property and information relating to that party’s private or business affairs, including, without limitation, technical, financial, operational, administrative, marketing, economic and other information, which is disclosed by one party to the other party, its officers, employees, agents or sub- contractors.
- Governing Law Clause: Both parties acknowledge that construction and performance of this Memorandum of Understanding shall be governed by the laws of The State of New York, USA.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have executed the Memorandum of Understanding as of the date ________________________ 2015.