Students who enroll at UIU assume the responsibility of paying tuition and other fees in accordance with the following financial policies:
- Admission fee is non refundable and is due at the time of admission.
- Caution money for ID Card Tk. 2000 (Refundable) payable at the time of taking admission.
- Course fee is due to be paid within stipulated deadline of a semester.
- Students failing to pay their course fee in time will have to pay a late fee (details of the late fee can be obtained from the Registrar’s Office).
- University authority reserves the right to cancel the enrollment/admission of any student failing to meet the financial obligation.
Course Drop and Refunds
Dropping of courses can be done with 100% adjustable refund of tuition fees within the dates as mentioned in the Academic Calendar
Financial Award and Assistance
UIU has established a financial award scheme to attract and retain good students and facilitate education for meritorious students. Full time Undergraduate students may get 50% & 25% tuition fee waiver for the entire program based on the results of HSC or equivalent exams. Graduate students entering in Masters Programs may also qualify for 25% tuition fee waiver for the entire program depending on their results in the previous exams. Undergraduate and Graduate students, however, have to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.50 in the subsequent trimester for the continuation of waiver.
At the end of each subsequent trimester, a merit list of both undergraduate and graduate students is prepared and top 15% students have the opportunity to avail 25% to 100% tuition fee waiver in the following trimester provided a minimum GPA of 3.50 is scored.
Conditions and Rules for Financial Assistance
The following conditions will apply for the continuation of the tuition fee waiver for the following trimester(s):
- No tuition fee waiver for CGPA below 3.50 for undergraduate & graduate students.
- For any retake of course, tuition fee waiver will not applicable.
- Full time students must registrar a minimum of 9 credits for under graduate Program and 6 credits for Graduate Program.
- Undergraduate students of SOBE will be entitled for scholarship up to 12 credits (maximum) and SOSE 13 credits (maximum). Masters students shall get scholarship depending of the course load of previous trimester and will not exceed 9 credits. Students will enjoy either tuition fee waiver or scholarship, the one which benefits him/her most.
- Tuition fee waiver/scholarship is not allowed for Thesis/Project/Internship.