Admission Guideline for International Students
United International University (UIU) welcomes International Students and makes every effort to assist them in getting admitted in its academic programs.
United International University is a private university approved by the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and University Grants Commission (UGC). It is established with the generous support and patronage of the United Group, a very successful conglomerate operating in diverse business areas in Bangladesh.
Vision: The vision of UIU is to become the center of excellence in teaching, learning and research in the South Asian region.
Mission: The mission of UIU is to create excellent human resources with intellectual, creative, technical, moral and practical skills to serve community, industry and region. We do it by developing integrated, interactive, involved and caring relationships among teachers, students, guardians and employers.
UIU Academic Support provides a personal and practical approach to academic study and opportunities for both undergraduate and postgraduate students to develop their learning strategies. It also provides specialist academic support for students.
Every Trimester 20% students get 25%-100% tuition fee waiver based on previous results and trimester results. UIU paid about 10 crore 86 lakh 18 thousand 922 taka as scholarship in 2016 alone, one of the highest amongst the private university in Bangladesh.
Career Counseling Center:
This Center provides career development counseling to UIU graduates. Cultivates and maintains the relationship with employers, relevant institutions and organizations. Designs and arrange seminars, workshops related to the development of students.
Directorate of Student Affairs:
With this aim in view, co-curricular activities of our university have been evaluated and accordingly the Directorate of Student Affairs has been set up which plays the central role in the development and growth of students in co-curricular activities. These student activities are promoted through a number of student clubs. The clubs are UIU Debate Club (UIUDC), UIU Cultural Club (UIUCC), UIU Theater & Film Club (UIUT&FC), UIU Business Club (UIUBC), UIU Computer Club (UIUCCL), UIU Electrical & Electronic Club (UIUEEC), UIU Photography Club (UIUPC), UIU Social Services Club (UIUSSC), UIU Sports Club (UIUSC), UIU MBA Club (UIUMC)
Technology is one of the main components to establish a Smart University Campus. By providing state of the art technology, services and supports, CITS creates an enabling environment for UIU to become the center of excellence. CITS leverages the power of technology by providing creative solutions, responsive services and reliable access to technology. A robust, scalable and Tier2 standard Data Center has been established with 10G fiber backbone core network and disaster recovery solution. This highly equipped Data Center plays a vital role for ensuring seamless automated academic and administrative activities.
United International University offers the following Undergraduate & Graduate degree programs.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) [123 Credits]
BBA in Accounting & Information Systems (BBA in AIS) [123 Credits]
Bachelor of Science in Economics (BSECO) [120 Credits]
B.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering (BSCSE) [138 Credits]
B.Sc. in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (BSEEE) [146.5 Credits]
Master of Business Administration (MBA) [60 Credits]
Executive MBA (EMBA) [45 Credits]
MS in Economics (MSECO) [30 Credits]
Master in Development Studies (MDS) [39 Credits]
M.Sc. in Computer Science & Engineering (MSCSE) [36 Credits]
Master in International Human Resource Management (MIHRM) [42 Credits]
Sessions at UIU
There are three following trimesters in each academic year. Duration of each trimester is 4 months.
- Spring – January to April
- Summer – May to August
- Fall – September to December
Minimum Academic Requirements for Admission
International applicants seeking admission to UIU must meet the same academic standards, which are required for admission for native students. Minimum academic requirements for admission in Bachelor or Master Programs are available at the following UIU website: http://www.uiu.ac.bd/admission
Admission Requirements for International Students
In order to apply to United International University as an International student, applicants must submit documents as a proof of the following criteria/records. If the original copy of any record is written in a language other than English, a certified English translation is required to be sent along.
International students particularly who come from other than O- or A-Level system should possess the followings:
- Must have 12 years of schooling for the undergraduate program.
- For admission in BSEEE/BSETE/BSCSE programs, students must have physics and mathematics in A-Level or equivalent.
- Must have 12 years schooling with graduation for admission to the graduate program.
- At least 50% marks or an equivalent grade of their own education system.
- If the applicant’s previous medium of instruction is not English, TOEFL/IELTS scores are required. The minimum acceptable score for TOEFL is 550 (PBT), 160 (CBT), 55 (IBT) and for IELTS is 6.00
- SAT (for undergraduate program) and GRE/GMAT (for graduate program) is preferred.
- Different departments may have some additional requirements.
The following documents have to be submitted with the application:
- Last 3 months bank statement.
- Bank solvency certificate.
The bank statement and the solvency certificate might be either in the applicant’s name or in his/her parent/guardian’s name.
- i) An applicant must submit a recent health fitness report (particularly HIV, Hepatitis, Yellow fever/Ebola etc or any contagious diseases) to ensure his/her physical fitness.
- ii) International students are required to get themselves insured for medical coverage including checkups, hospitalization etc. UIU may facilitate the process of insuring with reputable insurance companies in Bangladesh.
- An applicant will fill-up the application form (available at the UIU website) and send it through email with the certified, scanned copies of other documents (academic Certificates, Transcripts, Testimonials, recent passport size photo and pages of valid passport containing applicant’s details and expiry date), to the Registrar, United International University (e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org), for verification and evaluation by the concerned committee constituted as per the university admission rules. Dates of sending all documents will be as follows:
|Trimester||Trimester Duration||Application Time|
|Spring||February to May||October of previous year|
|Summer||June to September||February of current year|
|Fall||October to January||June of current year|
- After evaluation by the concerned committee of UIU, if the student is found eligible for admission, he/she will be notified through e-mail. The student is then required to pay the international admission processing fee US $200 (two hundred) in favor of UIU. [ Account Name: United International University, Account No: 0013100000019 Bank’s Name: Southeast Bank Limited, Branch Name: Pragati Sarani, Swift code: SEBD BDDH, City: Dhaka, Country: Bangladesh ]. Upon receipt of the fee, the admission office of UIU will send the acceptance letter stating the applicant’s name, passport number, duration of the program, name of the department eligible for admission and other specific information requested by the applicant as well as Admission Form.
- The student will have to apply for student visa to the nearest Bangladesh Embassy. UIU admission office may assist the student in applying student visa. However the student will have to manage the visa by him/herself.
- The eligible student having valid student visa should immediately contact the Admission Office (United City, Madani Avenue, Plot# 02, Badda, Dhaka-1212. Phone: 09604848848, e-mail: email@example.com) of UIU after arrival in Bangladesh and complete the required formalities for enrollment.
Scholarship at UIU
Scholarship will be given on the result of a trimester provided that the student has completed at least 9 credit hours and achieved the trimester GPA of 3.50 or above. Top 20% students (on the basis of trimester’s GPA) will be eligible to get 25% to 100% scholarship on the tuition fees of the next trimester.
Tuition and other fees
|Particulars||Fees (Taka)||Fess (US Dollar)
Calculated 1US$=83 Taka
|Admission Fee||15000.00||180 (appx.)|
|ID Card Caution Fee||2000.00||24 (appx.)|
|Trimester Fee||5000.00||60 (appx.)|
|Tuition Fee (Per Credit)||5000.00||60 (appx.)|
* 20% rebate will be provided on the Per Credit Fee only for the students from the SAARC countries.
All payment must be made in Bangladesh currency (Taka) either through the designated banks, exchange houses or in cash at UIU. Present exchange rate is 1 US $ =83 Taka (varies from time to time). For more information please visit Bangladesh Bank website: www.bb.org.bd
- International students are advised to communicate with the Students Affairs Office/Proctor and their respective Embassy/High Commission in case of emergency.
- University will not be responsible for arranging visas for any international student, but will provide information to the concerned embassy (if required).
- Inclusion of any false information or submission of fake academic documents would constitute grounds for dismissal from the university.
- UIU will not be liable for any international student for any personal activities subversive to the discipline or of the state.
- International students must abide by UIU proctorial rules and code of conduct.
- In addition, University rules & regulation will be applicable to the international students as applicable incase of native students.
- Academic Programs, Scholarship and Tuition fees may vary from time to time.
MD. FARUQUE MIAH
Senior Executive, CIAC
Mobile: +8801912232341 (WhatsApp)