UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The minimum qualification for admission into an undergraduate program is:
- A minimum GPA of 2.5/2nd division/equivalent grade in SSC and HSC or equivalent public examinations. Students with GPA 2.00 in any examination either SSC or HSC, however, must have a minimum GPA of 6.00 totalling the GPA of both the examinations.
- O-level students must have completed minimum 5 subjects and A-level students minimum 2 subjects. However, a student must have ‘B’ Grade/GPA 4.0 in 4 subjects
and ‘C’ Grade/GPA 3.5 in the rest 3 subjects of a minimum 7 subjects of the two examinations.
- A GED candidate would be eligible to get admission to any undergraduate program if he/she scores a minimum number of 410 out of 800 in all (5) GED courses separately and 450 on an average.
- For admission to BSEEE/CSE programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level or equivalent level.
- The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, will be eligible for getting admission if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totalling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Such students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter.
- Acceptable score in UIU Admission Test.
- Admission Test is not required for GPA 5.00 holders in H.S.C/equivalent level of exams for getting admission to an undergraduate program.
GRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The minimum qualification for admission into a graduate program is:
- A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.00 or above in a scale of 4.0
- A relevant Bachelor Degree with at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams.
- Students completing undergraduate programs from UIU having a minimum CGPA of 2.00 will be eligible to get admission to any graduate programs without appearing at the Admission Test.
- Different departments may have some additional requirements.
- Some students may be required to complete some additional preparatory courses at UIU before they start their Master’s programs.